Essential Search Partners is engaged in the search for an experienced Accounting Manager with one of our premier clients headquartered in Northern Virginia. Our client is an award-winning technology firm looking to hire fun entrepreneurial attitudes without the ego! You will be part of a best-in-class team of finance professionals – we are targeting an experienced and exceptionally talented individual to fill this critical position.
You will prepare accurate, timely and high quality financial data for senior level management decision making. You will be responsible for the month-end close, leadership of staff and financial analysis as it relates to the development of the business.
You will team with senior management providing key financial operating information enabling the company to develop short and long term plans to grow and improve profitability. Your energetic, can-do and collaborative approach will be required! You must be comfortable with exposure and delivery to senior level management.
- Perform, manage and oversee the daily operations and activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely preparation and dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly and quarterly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with key stakeholders
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Supervise small accounting department staff
- Ad hoc senior level management reporting and analysis
- Degreed Accountant, CPA preferred
- 5-8 years relevant corporate accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of accounting practices, general ledger accounting including accounts payable, receivables, tax, payroll, budgeting and forecasting
- Strong analytical and operational accounting and finance skills.
- Advanced Excel and financial accounting system expertise
Accounting Manager - Dulles, VA
Financial Statements, GL, Staff Leadership
$90K + Bonus