I’m working with the CFO of an award-winning, well-established company headquartered in Northern VA to identify their next Corporate Controller.
I have worked with this decision maker for over a decade: blue chip credentials, super good leader of both people and process, accomplished and just a very nice, considerate person to work with and for.
As the organization continues to grow, we are targeting a hands-on Controller to lead the accounting team: a true “nuts and bolts” accountant for this role.
Essential Search Partners is engaged in the search for a Controller with our client headquartered in Northern VA. The best candidate would be entrepreneurial, heads-down, roll-up-your sleeves, get-it-done type financial professional.
You will partner with the CFO to lead a small team of accounting professionals focused on leading staff, financial statement preparation, revenue, billing and tax compliance reporting. You will be responsible for the financials of a rapidly growing sub $100MM organization. You will ensure month-end close and internal reporting is done accurately and timely so that the business runs smoothly and understands its financial performance. You will serve as key advisor to the CFO on business matters.
Target comp: $140-150K + Bonus
- Degreed professional, CPA preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years combined experience
- Expertise in owning the financials in sub $100MM organizations
- Significant experience leading professional accounting staff
- Champion of general accounting concepts, leading financial statement preparation and month-end close activities
- Solid data manipulation skills utilizing Excel and NetSuite referred
- Experience leading external audit
- Ability to interact with and present to senior level business leaders
Controller - Northern VA
Hands-on, leadership, financial reporting