Director of Finance
Essential Search Partners is engaged in the search for a Director of Finance for one of our outstanding clients in the government contracting DOD space. This is a newly created position with excellent growth potential, high visibility with opportunity to make a strategic impact throughout the company.
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Finance will assume a strategic role in the financial management of the Organization. The Director of Finance is responsible for leading all aspects of the accounting and financial planning and analysis cycle. This position will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities.
Provide strategic financial leadership and direction to ensure company’s long-term financial wellbeing and growth
Identify and implement appropriate and user-friendly methods of project budgeting, scenario forecasting and cost allocation; work with staff to analyze the financial feasibility and impact of proposed projects, activities, and organizational investments; coordinate financial systems with project management systems to guide the current and projected operations of the organization.
- Prepare annual organizational budgets and long-range financial projections; prepare cash flow budgets and projections; establish financial targets and provide input into the development of operational targets; monitor financial performance and recommend and facilitate operational adjustments to ensure satisfactory outcomes for the organization.
- Oversee preparation and sharing of monthly financial reports, audits, procurement policies, and tax reporting to ensure compliance
- Extensive interface with business and executive management teams, both locally and across other business units
- Develop forward pricing rate proposals and incurred cost submissions
- Direct interface with internal and external auditors.
- Financial systems
- Cash management
- Tax management
- Internal controls and compliance with GAAP, CAS and federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Typically supervises a variety of staff-level exempt employees. 5 or more full time employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- Active CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 15 or more years of relevant Finance and Accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a Government Contracting environment
- Experience with Epicor and related financial system and query tool capabilities preferred
- Experience developing forward pricing rates and forecasting preferred
ADDITIONAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have the ability to obtain and/or maintain DoD Secret clearance
- Effective understanding, analysis and reporting of key metrics
- Excellent process and documentation skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Capable of independent analysis with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal effectively with ambiguity and tight deadlines
- Must be a team-player with experience in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Director of Finance, Dulles VA
DOD, Leadership, Hands on Accounting & Finance
$160K + 20% Bonus