Human Resources Manager
Essential Search Partners is engaged in a search for a Manager of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition with a premier, boutique, DC based law firm. Our client is well positioned for growth and has a challenging role for someone ready to role up their sleeves and be part of the firm's growth.
Our client, is a law firm focused exclusively on representing clients in complex litigation. We handle civil as well as criminal and regulatory matters across the United States. Their clients are across the globe. Our strength lies in the intellect, creativity, and tenacity of our lawyers and our experience in applying those traits to achieve great results for clients in serious matters.
The HR Manager administers and coordinates the Firm's human resources and recruiting efforts (attorney and non-attorney roles). The HR Manager is responsible for recruitment and employee relations across all offices enabling the Firm to pursue its strategic objectives and business goals. The position will require overtime and travel (20%). As the Manager of Human Resources and Talent acquisition, you will be the face of the firm to attorneys, staff, candidates, and recruiters.
- HR Management
- Provide oversight of the Firm's policies & procedures.
- Ensure that the firm maintains a compliant and integrated human resources operation that supports the attraction, development and retention of the highest caliber legal and administrative talent for the firm. This includes the strategies, policies and systems for legal and staff recruiting, retention, development and employee relations.
- Responsible for leading recruiting efforts with the support of recruiting coordinator- direct report.
- Manage and mentor Recruiting Coordinator to develop function into a full life cycle support role.
- Coordinate candidate interviews and serving as the primary point of contact for candidates.
- Manage all aspects of the lateral associate and staff recruitment ensuring appropriate communication and coordination with candidates, firm attorneys, administrative management, and any third-party recruiters.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of onboarding for attorneys, legal assistants, and staff.
- Firm Culture
- Facilitate the development and maintain the cohesiveness of the Firm's collegial, collaborative, team-oriented culture.
- A bachelor's degree is required, with preference for a master's.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in human resources, in a law firm or professional services firm.
- Excellent writing, presentation and leadership skills.
- A track record of working effectively in a fast-paced, multi-authority environment.
- A polished, professional presence that engenders trust and confidence from all members of the organization.
- Exceptional diplomatic skills and ability to work with a true partnership in a professional services environment.
- Demonstrated experience identifying needs and driving change in a positive manner that ensures consistently polished client service, even during changes in process.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in human resources matters, being decisive and taking action when appropriate, as well as knowing when to instead ask questions and consult with other professionals.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly and build one-on-one relationships with senior leadership, seeking to understand their issues and goals, and working with them individually to gain their support for related issues.
- Excellent time management and project management skills, combined with the ability to manage competing priorities in a calm, collected manner.
- Capability to embrace organizational goals and promote those ideas.
- Proficient in current versions of viDesktop (viRecruit and viCLE), Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other industry technology.
We provide competitive compensation, including an attractive benefits package, consistent with our elite position in the marketplace.
Essential Search Partners, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status under applicable law.
***For immediate consideration please email an MS Word version of your resume with a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org ***
HR Manager - Washington DC
HR Generalist, recruiting, prof services
$150K + Bonus