Manager of Pricing Analysis
Essential Search Partners is engaged in a search for a Manager of Pricing & Practice Analysis with a large DC based law firm. This position is open due to growth/promotion!
The Manager will help lead a team of analysts and will work closely with attorneys, Firm management, practice chairs, and administrative leadership, to provide counsel and analytical support in the areas of strategic client pricing and matter management, client development, and Firm-wide financial reporting and analysis.
- Leading a team of finance professionals, with staffing in two US offices, and one international office. Advancing the current capabilities of the team through mentoring, training, business process improvements and better use of technology investments.
- Serving as a primary resource to provide coaching, advice, financial modeling, and support to all parties involved in pricing proposals, RFPs, and all non-standard fee structures and client agreements.
- Continually managing business intelligence software and improving data visualization within key analytical reports to provide monthly financial and production data and analyses to firm management and all offices and practices.
- Overseeing the internal approval process for pricing requests, based on Firm policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing procedures for the annual review of non-standard rate agreements on active matters to ensure they are updated as appropriate.
- Maintaining knowledge of current market trends with particular focus on alternative fee structures and client value programs.
- Serving as an internal project manager and vendor liaison to implement tools to efficiently mine data on prior matters across all practices to support engagement partners in the development of reliable budget estimates and comparisons. Assisting in the development of creative, workable pricing solutions in response to client demands for alternative fee structures.
- Providing training of financial tools to attorneys and administrative leaders at the Firm.
- Engaging forward-thinking economic models to assess the profitability of new business opportunities, while collaborating with colleagues in finance and accounting, marketing, business development, and practice management.
- Promoting best practices across team, department and Firm that enhance team dynamics and quality of deliverables, elevate support provided to attorneys and increase client value and revenue growth.
- Minimum of five years of experience within a law firm.
- BA/BS required, with a preference for a graduate degree.
- Excellent communication skills, confident presence, and interpersonal skills that enable effective engagement with the Firm’s most senior partners and administrative leaders.
- Proactive and energetic leader with a team-oriented approach that is consistent with the Firm’s values.
- Ability to drive business process improvements and the adoption technology solutions.
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools and data visualization software including Tableau or MS PowerPivot or Power BI.
- Experience working with matter planning tools (such as Umbria).
Manger of Pricing & Analysis - DC
Pricing, RFP's, BI tools, leadership
Stellar Benefits + Bonus