Portfolio Accounting Manager
Essential Search Partners is engaged in the search for a Portfolio Accounting Manager in Northern VA. Our client is a rapid-growth, commercial and residential real estate firm. We are targeting a hands-on leader to oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions for a portfolio of properties in the Metro DC area. The ideal candidate must have significant experience in property management accounting, general ledger, financial statements, account reconciliation, and accruals coupled with intermediate Excel skills.
This highly visible position will work directly with owners, outside CPA firms, lenders & asset managers of managed properties to handle all accounting and financial matters of the properties. This position will help transition new properties, analyze accounts, assist with year-end audit preparation, prepare owner distributions, and review financial statements.
- Property management accounting experience
- Accounting or related degree
- Yardi preferred, or other financial accounting software
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of general ledger, accruals and adjusting journal entries
- Experience with account reconciliation and financial statement analysis
- Good communications, project management and people skills
- CPA a plus.
Our client offers an excellent benefits package in a family-friendly work environment.
For immediate consideration please email your MS word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Only those candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.***
Portfolio Accounting Manager - Northern VA
Hands-on property management accounting, GL
$100K + Bonus